Monday, August 15, 2011

Two New Chef Knives

Both of these were made for friends...in fact the small Gyuto is for my neighbor living directly across the street from me. I made it extra special with the handle construction & details since they have been so kind in putting up with all the years of stone carving and now forging.
The Small Kitchen Utility is for a local who let my sweetheart keep her horses on his property for a number of months.

Both knives were bought by the husbands as presents for the wives in the family.
___________________

The Small Gyuto is forge to shape from .125" 1095 and has a light etch to show the temper lines. It is 11.50" OAL qith a 6.5" blade. Very light, very quick and strong. The handle is a new style for me and is curly maple with ironwood burl bolster and inlay.

The Kitchen utility is 10" OAl with a 5" Blade of 1095 with a satin finish. The Handle is detail-carved African Ebony with Lemonwood inlay.

I hope you enjoy the image.

-DON:)











No comments:

Post a Comment