Thursday, May 15, 2014

Forged Four on A Full-Moon !

Well this Full Moon was a special-one for so many reasons, Vesak Full Moon, Full-Moon in Scorpio to name just two biggies that many of you know about already.

So I decided to do something that I rarely ever do,
 I forged 4-blades in a row today! It was about 3.25-hours at the forge to do this.
Temps outside today were a sweet 86-degrees-F, and I drank about 1.5-gal. of H2O:)

Each one is out of 52100 carbon tool steel and I am very pleased with the results so far.
I have only done once before when I challenged myself to create 4-chef knives in 3-days!

I can tell you this though....I will not be completing these four knives in two more days! That experiment I did last year to see what was possible, and although that challenge was fun, it seriously pushed the envelope on what is physically possible for me to do and still maintain sacred space and sanity while producing a very fine chef knife! You can click the link above if you feel like reading about that little adventure on a previous post!

For now I share this one image with you of the blades with the profiles cleaned-up and scale still intact! More to come so stay tuned!

Blessings of Health and Goodness to You All! :)

-DON:)



I thought I would ad in some more images on this post so you can see how the two smaller knives came out. The larger-ones are still in process and I will post some images of those as well very soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment