Thursday, April 11, 2013

Time for a little forge Maintenance

I love my new forge & have been working with it since last year......& now it is time to love it back:)
 
These furnaces go through an amazing degree of heat and thermal turmoil!
Just check the image below to see what the inside looks like when really going:)

I prefer to start with fixing the cracks in the refractory surfaces with Satanite from K&G Supply
Then give a light coat of ITC-100. This stuff is nothing short of amazing! It can save from 17-25% on fuel consumption for time run, due to the high degree of reflective boost in the IR-Value. That is no joke. My first experience after re-coating the inside of my old furnace with this special refractory I could hardly look inside as it was so bright!

Anyhow, I look forward to firing it up tomorrow to do some more forging:)

One quick shot of the final and fresh-coat of the ITC-100...at least for now:)


No comments:

Post a Comment